The S.I.L.O. Sesh are a series of 3 events, "Boulder Battles" that will take place February 15th, March 15th and April 12th at 7pm.
- It's $5 cash + entry to gym to participate.
- Winner takes all.
- There are two categories, 32 spots: 16 Men, 16 Women.
- Registration is on the day, as of 6pm. First come, first serve.
HOW IT WORKS:
The format is inspired by the legendary games "H.O.R.S.E.," played by basketball players, and "S.K.A.T.E.," played by skateboarders.
The rules are simple.
- Climbers are randomly seperated in pairs.
- A game of ROCK PAPER SCISSORS will determine which climber goes first.
- The winner must announce what he/she will do (boulder problem, dyno, campus move...) and then do it. If the "trick" is successfully completed, then it is the second climbers turn to try to repeate it.
- If the second climber successfully repeats the trick, then it's his/her turn to establish a new trick.
- If the trick isn't successfully completed, then this climber receives a first letter.
- The first climber to receive the four letters of S.I.L.O. gets eliminated.
- If the first climber does not successfully complete his/her trick, then it is the second climber's turn to establish a trick.
- No trick can be repeated throughout the game.
The winner of each pair goes on to a second round and so on and so forth until the final "battle".